PET – Polyester
PET - Polyester
PET chemically known as polyethylene terephthalate is a material with high chemical resistance, it also referred to as the trade name Ertalyte.
Whilst we come across PET Plastics daily, in our clothes, drinks bottles, food containers and blister packs due to its cost effective and lightweight plastic; PET is also available in Engineering plastic form with main properties of its excellent wear resistance and mechanical strength, not to mention its excellent water resistance.
PET is available in stock shapes; Sheet, Rod and tube and is the perfect choice for machining when a higher chemical resistance id required.
- Temperature: -20°C to +100ºC (+160ºC short term).
- Excellent resistance to wear.
- Dimensionally stable.
- Good chemical resistance.
- Extremely low moisture absorption.
- High mechanical strength and stiffness.
- Suitable for food contact.
- Low Friction